The Summer I Found You - Jolene Perry
Summer I found You 2.5 ★☆The Summer I Found YouJolene PerryNetgalley in exchange for an honest reviewI think this is a good Ya novel. Could use a few revisions, editing being a major one. This is an ARC copy so I hope the Author is going to fix the editing issues. Grammar, punctuation, run ons, and so forth. The biggest editing issue I saw was with the Heros name Aidan/Aiden. Yes that editing error bugged me more than anything. He is our hero the main guy the author/editor should know how to spell his name of all people...I didn't dislike the novel I just felt it to be very vague and superficial, but then again I remember this a YA novel. I think im more jsut saying this book didnt have depth that I was looking for and I can see that it being a ya novel thats a little more ok because they are meant to be fun and breezy hmm more of a light read. (I think I requested this in the NA section but im just going to say they had a filing issue and its YA.) If this was a NA novel I def would have expected the author to explore deeper into both of the characters experiences. I yearned for more information on Aiden/Aidens experiences overseas. I felt the author really stayed on surface with this topic.I Also REALLY wish the author would have gone deeper with the juvenile Diabetes as well. Especially since more and more children and teens are being diagnosed with this disease. I felt this book hit some major ballsy topics but again it only skimmed the surface and I am not satisfied with that.I like many others do not understand the title of this novel. It doesnt work with the book. Neither does this cover art. I was expecting amazing summer things from the cover/title. Again I think for a young reader this book is good, but it is not for me!