Virgin River - Robyn Carr
Virgin River
Robyn Carr
★☆★☆★

Review can also be found @ http://abibliophobic-tendencies.blogspot.com/2013/08/virgin-river-robyn-carr-book-1.html

Melinda, who is recently widowed is looking for a change in her life after her husband is murdered. She comes across an ad for a midwife in Virgin River. A small town of about 600 people. Def a big change from her life in L.A. When she arrives to Virgin River the cabin promised to her is a dump, the doctor doesnt want her around, and the only good thing seems to be Jacks bar and the hospitality. Ready to pack up and leave she finds a baby on Doc's front steps.

I absolutely love this book! I like it so much I ran to my friends house to get the next two in the series.

Jack is not your normal hero. I liked him so much. He was willing to admit he was in love with Mel from the getgo. he did such wonderful things such as staying up all night when someone went into labor, just incase she needes him. And he was always just a phone call away.

Mel was a delight. you would have never guessed she was a hotshot form L.A. we got to see her struggle with the death of her husband and grow! it was nice :)

Doc, oh boy he is a hoot! I loved meeting all of Mel's friends everyone was just so welcoming. I like that Carr also hit some good issues. Like safe sex Jack having the talk with ricky and such.

The ONE CON of the book, there was an awkward love scene between the 16yr old ricky and Liz the 14yr old girl. It was weird reading that scene. but that may just be me!

I really enjoyed this book and cannot wait to get my hands on preacher's story (whom we met in this book as jack's fellow comrade and cook)